At the end of May, I was invited to a graduation party, and everyone was asked to bring a dish – sort of a potluck thing, I guess. While I actually enjoy cooking, I don’t have a large repertoire of recipes, so I decided to keep it simple and make my favorite dessert: No Sour Grapes!
The recipe is super easy and everyone really enjoyed my No Sour Grapes, so I thought I’d share it here so you can give it a try at your next party. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb. green grapes
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 package cherry Jell-o (3 oz.)
- 1 package orange Jell-o (3 oz.)
- 1 package lemon Jell-o (3 oz.)
- 1 package lime Jell-o (3 oz.)
- Place each Jell-o flavor in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- Remove grapes from stems and rinse in a colander, shaking the colander to remove any excess water (grapes should be damp, not dripping wet). Spritz with lemon juice, tossing the grapes to lightly coat them.
- Place a handful in each bag, sealing and shaking to coat.
- Remove from resealable bags, plate and serve.
That’s it – easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy – and you have No Sour Grapes! You’re welcome. 😉