Don’t miss out on these fun things to do in Atlanta in May.
May is when Atlanta really comes alive. Make the most of this gorgeous, mild spring weather by diving into a few of these fun activities, festivals, and things to do.
- The Georgia Renaissance Festival is the perfect place to spy (or become) a knight or maiden, nosh on turkey legs and ale, shop from hundreds of artisans and see a jousting match. Through June 3.
- Taste of the Nation invites you to enjoy gourmet food, cocktails, local music and a silent auction in support of charity. May 3.
- The Tacos & Tequila Buckhead Block Party celebrates Cinco de Mayo with sombreros, mustaches, mariachis and plenty of shots. May 4.
- The Cinco de Mayo Pub Crawl on the BeltLine features complimentary food and drinks at multiple locations. May 5.
- Derby Day features a live broadcast of the Kentucky Derby, food, beverages, live music, an auction and games at Chastain Horse Park. May 5.
- One of the largest social media gatherings in Atlanta, The Social Shake-Up shakes up the impact of social on your business. May 7 – 9.
- If you love magic, be sure to catch Atlanta Magic Night 4th Anniversary Show on May 5 at the Red Light Cafe or Intimate Illusions on May 12 and 13 at the Omni Atlanta Hotel.
- The Atlanta Bar-B-Q Festival pits 30 barbecue-loving teams against each other and also features music, beer and bourbon, and a kids’ village at Atlantic Station. May 5 and 6.
- Picnic in the Park features a catered lunch, beer and wine, live music, dancing and games, all in support of charity. May 6.
- The free Decatur Lantern Parade lights the night and fills the air with music. Make your own lantern at home or attend a lantern-making workshop. May 11.
- The Atlanta Rose Show is the bloomin’ perfect place to celebrate Mother’s Day and features the best roses in 65 categories at Day Hall in Atlanta Botanical Garden.
- The Good Neighbor Day Airshow features airplanes up close and in the air, aerobatics, vendors and rides for sale at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport. May 19.
- The Grant Park Spring Tour of Homes invites you to tour homes that cover 167 years of history. May 19 and 20.
- The Atlanta Cycling Festival offers bike rides, classes and parties for riders of all ages and abilities. May 19 – 25.
- MomoCon celebrates all things animation, anime, comic books and gaming at Georgia World Congress Center. May 24 – 27.
- Callaway Gardens’ Memorial Day Weekend Festival features a water ski and wake board tournament, beach activities, a kids’ zone, live music and more. May 25 – 27.
- Memorial Day Weekend finds live music, a patriotic laser show and fireworks in a four-day event at Stone Mountain Park. Discount for active and retired military. May 25 – 28.
- Brew at the Zoo features beer and wine tasting, food for sale, live music and animal encounters at Zoo Atlanta. May 26.
- The Atlanta Caribbean Carnival celebrates Caribbean culture, cuisine and costumes with a parade that leads to a festival. May 26 and 27.
Looking for local attractions you can enjoy outside? Consider:
- Hop into a SkyView Atlanta gondola and travel up more than 20 stories for a thrilling view of Atlanta.
- Skyline Park brings old-timey fun to the rooftop of Ponce City Market, replete with midway games, mini golf, refreshments and good times for all ages, not to mention great city views.
- Explore miles of the Atlanta BeltLine by foot or on two wheels, and check out the scores of eateries along the path to relax and refuel.
- Bring your chopping arm to an Atlanta Braves game at SunTrust Park.
This article first published here.